Rob Sassi

Stop Motion Animator, Illustrator, Painter, and Musician based in LA.

If you want work done, such as commissions, or you just wanna chat, feel free to shoot me an email at stop.rob.sassi@gmail.com or stay updated on new work with twitter @StopRobSassi.

DISCLAIMER (Copyright): None of the art on my blog can be used or reproduced without permission from me.

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

The Whiskey Child Music Video (Update)

Hey there! So far, it's been a long road, but I figured I would post an update kind of discussing what is currently going on with my current project!

"The Whiskey Child" has been a music video I have had in the works for a couple years now. Originally, the idea came from a song that my friend, Shane Stowers, and I accidently wrote called, "The Whiskey Child." While listening to the song one day, I saw a vivid cinematic story unfold in my mind. The premise of the short film is the day in the life of an outlaw that goes by the name, "The Whiskey Child" (Are you seeing a pattern here yet? haha). It is essentially an homage to the old school western, while adding a twist... which is hopefully going to make you want more! I am trying to bring something to the table that is ambiguous enough that I could potentially pitch the idea or continue developing it into a series if it gets enough support!

After feeling good about the general idea, I then storyboarded the vision out, and proposed it to a few of my animation buddies. It has been a huge undertaking and probably my most ambitious project to date. There has been a lot of time spent trying to figure the graphic look out, as well as developing on how each shot could be composited, etc. I primarily focused in stop motion animation throughout my time in college, but due to restrictions in workspace, I really wanted to try a different approach with this short.

Along with trying to brush up on my hand drawn animation, while trying to optimize in something that had a unique look and feel... it has taken some time to develop the characters and environment. At last, I have come to the point where things are really starting to come together! A lot of the backgrounds are almost complete. Also, there is a tiny bit of character animation already done. Plus, I have my good friend, Greg Lyons, assisting on some animation of the side characters. I might be enlisting another friend or two to help out on animation/coloring, but as of now, I am trying to keep this project pretty contained.

Lately, I've been juggling a lot, between work, life and other endeavors, but I am aiming to (hopefully) finish this film by Summer 2015/Fall 2015.

I am providing some idea of what the style of the film will look look here... but I probably won't post much more until it is completed!

Keep in mind that a lot of this isn't entirely polished and some aspects are subject to change... but feel free to take a gander. Be sure to stay tuned in the future for the finished project! :)
A video posted by Rob Sassi (@stoprobsassi) on

No comments:

Post a Comment